Prof. Dr. phil. habil. Christine Hannemann
Telefon: (+49) 0711/ 685 – 84201 (Sekr.)
|Studies in Sociology, Institute of Sociology, Humboldt-University Berlin.
Undergraduate studies in Jurisprudence, Karl-Marx-University Leipzig
East German Polytechnic School (Polytechnische Oberschule = primary and secondary school), Berlin.
|Habilitation (second dissertation) in Sociology, Faculty of Philosophy III, Humboldt University Berlin; Habilitation Thesis: Marginalisierte Städte: Probleme, Differenzierungen und Chancen („Marginalized Towns: Problems, Differentiations and Opportunities“); habilitation committee: Prof. Dr. Hartmut Haeussermann (first reader), Prof. Dr. Uwe-Jens Walter (second reader); Prof. Dr. Hildegard Maria Nickel, Prof. Dr. Ulrich Reinisch, Jun. Prof. Susanne Frank, Dr. Marina Hennig, Stefanie Stolper. Published Habilitation was listed as the best new publication for the rural space in spring 2005 on http://www.pro-regio-online.de/html/bestenlisten_2005.html.
Ph.D. in Sociology, Department of Social Environment and Society, Institute of Sociology, Technical University Berlin; Dissertation: Industrielles Bauen: Zur Kontinuität eines Leitbildes im Wohnungsbau der DDR (Industrialized Building: The Continuity of a Model in the Housing Policy of the GDR); dissertation committee: Prof. Dr. Hans Benninghaus (chair), Prof. Dr. Rainer Mackensen (first reader), Prof. Dr. Harald Bodenschatz (second reader) and other members; Published as Die Platte (see below)
Diplom-Soziologin (Diploma in Sociology), Institute of Sociology, Humboldt-University Berlin
Professor at the University of Stuttgart (sociology of architecture and housing)Adjunct Associate Professor, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Sociology Department – March 1 till June 30, 2006 („exeat“ at the HUB).
Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin (Senior Researcher) Urban and Regional Sociology at the Institute for Social Sciences, Humboldt-University Berlin.
Wissenschaftliche Referentin (Consultant), Ministry of City Development, Housing and Traffic of the German Federal State Brandenburg („exeat“ at the HUB).
Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin (Teaching and Research Assistant), Institute of Sociology at the Technical University Berlin.
PhD-Aspirant at the Institute for Sociology of the Humboldt University Berlin.
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiterin (Teaching and Research Assistant), Institute for Housing Construction and Society Building, Academy of Building of the German Democratic Republic
|Research project at the University of Michigan-Flint, USA
Research project University of Colorado Denver, USA and guest lecturer at Brown University, RI
Adjunctive professorship and guest lecturer University of North Carolina at Greensboro and the University of South Carolina Upstate, USA
Research project in Saint-Étienne, France
Guest Professorship (DAAD = German Academic Exchange Service), Faculty for Architecture and Urbanism, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro
Research project in Ekaterinenburg und Magnitogorsk, Russia
Research project in Barcelona, Spain
PhD Student, “Tutorial in Social Science Methodology and Problems of Liberalisation,” Center for German and European Studies, University of California Berkeley (“grade” A)
Research project in Moskau-Teplui Stan, Russia
- Member of the German Association for Sociology (DGS)
- Member and former Chair, Section Urban and Regional Sociology (DGS)
- Member, Association for Urban History and Urbanism (GSU)
- Member, Deutscher Hochschulverband (Association for German Universitary Teachers)
- Member Academy for Special Science and Planning (ARL, Hannover)
- Member Community and Urban Sociology Section of the American Sociological Association
Jury and other Expert Committees
- Jury Member “Award Future of Housing 2012”
- Jury Member “Award of Demography for young scientist2008/2009”
- Expert advisor, Advisory Committee for the project “Shrinking Cities” of the Federal Cultural Foundation, 2003-2006
- Expert Advisor, Advisory Commission for City Development, Heinrich Böll Foundation 2002-2006
- Expert Advisor, Working Group “City Redesign East/West” of the VHW – Bundesverband für Wohneigentum und Stadtentwicklung e.V. (Federal association for Housing Ownership and City Development), 2002-2003
- Jury Member of the Federal Competition “Stadtumbau Ost” (City Redesign East) as independent expert, 2002
- Jury Member of the Federal Competition TATORT STADT (coping with cities) as independent expert, 2003
- Expert Advisor in the Commission of Experts for the “Report of Large Housing Estates” (Großsiedlungsbericht) of the government of the Federal Rebublic of Germany, 1994
 Qualification for the highest level of university professorship